As far as carpet goes, it would seem in SW Missouri, people either love it or hate it. Some people want carpet in the bedrooms and living room, where others would rather stick with hardwood or LVT. Regardless of what your preference is, we took the time and liberty to write out the pros and cons of having carpet in your home or office.
Before we can list out the pros and cons, it may be in your highest interest to first determine how the carpet will be used. Often times, the door off the garage leading into your home isn’t carpeted, and for a good reason: we are wearing our shoes and if there is carpet there, it is more susceptible to stains. Or, having carpet in the kitchen isn’t feasible. Spills often happen in the kitchen, and this isn’t optimal for your carpet or your health. If a stain doesn’t dry in a timely manner, your carpet can become a breeding ground for mold which isn’t good for anyone.
However, if you want to carpet your bedroom, chances are you aren’t spending the majority of your time there (unless you are a teenager – they do that sometimes). As such, some people do enjoy being barefoot on some plush carpet as opposed to hardwoods.
PROS of Having Carpet in Your Home
- Carpeting is soft on your feet and pleasant to walk on – it also keeps your feet warm during the winter.
- It can be visually appealing to the look of a room – it can soften a room as well as provide a warm feeling.
- It’s flexible — depending on style and material, it can give a room a casual look or a formal look depending on texture.
- There are lots of color choices available, so you can color coordinate to your walls or your furniture.
- It can be much more affordable than hardwood both in materials and to install.
- Carpet can provide a level of sound insulation.
CONS of Having Carpet in Your Home
- Carpet has a tendency to stain if you spill something on it. At Direct Instal 417, we have StainMaster carpet and carpet pad which repels animal stains and other stains.
- Seams can show if the carpeting isn’t properly installed – this makes for an eyesore in a person’s home..
- Carpet tends to show a wear pattern more than hard surfaces do.
- Carpets can trap dust, allergens and moisture, as well as become a breeding ground for dust mites.
- Maintenance can cost more in the future, depending on what kind of carpet you purchase and install.
At Direct Install 417, we have a variety of different carpets including StainMaster Carpet and pad. StainMaster Carpet and pad is stain-resistant and is a higher quality nylon carpet which lasts much longer than polyester carpet. Additionally, high-traffic areas can start to wear on your carpet- another feature included in the StainMaster Carpet and pad!
Do You Have a Project in SW Missouri? A Little About Direct Install Flooring Company
We at Direct Install 417 are located in SE Springfield, Mo and service areas such as Nixa, Ozark, Rogersville, Republic, Branson, Strafford and Marshfield in the Ozarks. While we specialize in flooring products, flooring installation such as vinyl, tile, engineered hardwood, hardwood flooring, carpet and laminate, we also specialize in remodeling kitchens, remodeling bathrooms, new construction and commercial construction. We pride ourselves on our service, our floor installers and our products. This is why we have an A rating with the BBB.
We strive to provide the best flooring materials and labor in SW Missouri and beyond. Whether you are looking for quality flooring contractors, installers or construction management, our services include everything from flooring residential construction projects to custom flooring projects and large commercial flooring installation projects in SW Missouri. We also specialize in all finishing, such as cabinets, countertops, bathroom remodel, kitchen remodel, painting and sheetrocking and are launching our new area of service: construction consulting. We are passionate about floors, remodel jobs, construction, and our passion shows through our work.
If you are interested in receiving a free flooring quote, give us a call at (417) 368-3203 and a representative will get back with you shortly and schedule a meeting. We look forward to serving you!